AAP to contest all 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Aam Admi Party (AAP) would contest all the 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab, senior leader Sanjay Singh said here on Friday.
He said the party would not go in for an alliance with any party and that the process of selection of candidates would begin soon.
"AAP has received tremendous response in Punjab and thousands of people have enrolled themselves with the party and candidates with clean image would be fielded on all 13 Lok Sabha seats in the state," Singh said after welcoming former Punjab DGP Shashi Kant into the party fold at the retired cop`s residence here.
"Screening committees at the district unit levels would be constituted soon to select possible candidates," he said, adding that three Cs (crime, corruption and character) would be the key criteria for selection of candidates.
Asked about the possibility of an alliance with the People`s Party of Punjab headed by former state finance minister Manpreet Singh Badal, especially after their recent meeting, the AAP leader said there was no possibility of an alliance, but preferred to keep mum on the merger of the PPP with the AAP.
Singh said drug abuse, high power tariff, deteriorating law & order, property tax and low minimum support price (MSP) for crops included the issues to be highlighted by the party.
"We will fight against both the SAD-BJP combine and the Congress in the state as both of them are two sides of the same coin, as far as corruption is concerned," he added.
On the alleged involvement of Punjab minister Bikram Singh Majithia in the drug racket as revealed by the arrested drug kingpin Jagdish Bhola, Singh demanded a time-bound judicial probe under regular monitoring by court.
"We don`t believe in investigation by CBI, as the central agency`s role in corruption allegations against RJD leader Lalu Parsad Yadav has exposed partiality," Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing