Accused in Burundi student case sent to JC
Jalandhar: A local court on Sunday sent Jaswant Singh, an accused in African student assault case, to 14-day judicial custody.
Police have produced Jaswant Singh alias Bantu before court after completion of his two-day police remand from where the court has sent him to 14 days judicial custody, sources said.
Another accuse Harsh Gosain, who has surrendered before a court on Wednesday evening, will be produced tomorrow.
"We have arrested five accused and two other have surrendered till now including the son of a senior officer of Punjab police. Two are still at large and one of them Jaskaran Singh alias Jassa flew to Australia, an official source said.
There were about 10 persons who attacked 23-year-old Nihangaza on April 21 and he continues to be in a state of coma for the last two months in a private hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown