Accused in Burundi student case sent to JC
Jalandhar: A local court on Sunday sent Jaswant Singh, an accused in African student assault case, to 14-day judicial custody.
Police have produced Jaswant Singh alias Bantu before court after completion of his two-day police remand from where the court has sent him to 14 days judicial custody, sources said.
Another accuse Harsh Gosain, who has surrendered before a court on Wednesday evening, will be produced tomorrow.
"We have arrested five accused and two other have surrendered till now including the son of a senior officer of Punjab police. Two are still at large and one of them Jaskaran Singh alias Jassa flew to Australia, an official source said.
There were about 10 persons who attacked 23-year-old Nihangaza on April 21 and he continues to be in a state of coma for the last two months in a private hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad