Accused in Burundi student case sent to JC
Jalandhar: A local court on Sunday sent Jaswant Singh, an accused in African student assault case, to 14-day judicial custody.
Police have produced Jaswant Singh alias Bantu before court after completion of his two-day police remand from where the court has sent him to 14 days judicial custody, sources said.
Another accuse Harsh Gosain, who has surrendered before a court on Wednesday evening, will be produced tomorrow.
"We have arrested five accused and two other have surrendered till now including the son of a senior officer of Punjab police. Two are still at large and one of them Jaskaran Singh alias Jassa flew to Australia, an official source said.
There were about 10 persons who attacked 23-year-old Nihangaza on April 21 and he continues to be in a state of coma for the last two months in a private hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250