Accused in Burundi student case sent to JC
Jalandhar: A local court on Sunday sent Jaswant Singh, an accused in African student assault case, to 14-day judicial custody.
Police have produced Jaswant Singh alias Bantu before court after completion of his two-day police remand from where the court has sent him to 14 days judicial custody, sources said.
Another accuse Harsh Gosain, who has surrendered before a court on Wednesday evening, will be produced tomorrow.
"We have arrested five accused and two other have surrendered till now including the son of a senior officer of Punjab police. Two are still at large and one of them Jaskaran Singh alias Jassa flew to Australia, an official source said.
There were about 10 persons who attacked 23-year-old Nihangaza on April 21 and he continues to be in a state of coma for the last two months in a private hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed