Acid attack on Punjab Congress leader`s wife
Jalandhar: A Punjab Congress leader`s wife was seriously injured when two unidentified persons allegedly threw acid on her in Variyam Nagar here on Friday, police said.
50-year-old Jitender Kaur, the wife of Punjab Pradesh Congress leader Rashpal Singh, reportedly lost vision in one of her eyes besides suffering serious burn injuries on face and other body parts, after two motorcycle-borne miscreants allegedly threw acid on her and fled, they said.
The incident occurred when Kaur was returning from a gurudwara in Variyam Nagar area of the city. She was sent to a local hospital for treatment.
A case has been registered under various sections of the IPC and investigation is on to nab the culprits, police said.
Punjab Pradesh Congress spokesperson Sukhpal Singh Kera condemned the attack and demanded a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’