Adampur coldest at minus 0.5 C as cold wave continues
Chandigarh: There was no let up in biting cold wave sweeping Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh with mercury plummeting to minus 0.5 degrees Celsius at Adampur Tuesday.
Adampur in Punjab`s Jalandhar district was the coldest place in the two states recording four degrees below normal minimum.
Amritsar, too, was under the grip of severe chill at a minimum of 0.8 deg C, down three notches, while Patiala and Ludhiana recorded respective lows of 5 deg C and 5.9 deg C, the MeT office here said.
Hisar in Haryana, which yesterday reeled under bone-chilling low of minus 2.1 degrees Celsius, today registered a slight increase in the minimum, which rose to 2.2 deg C.
Piercing cold also swept Narnaul (2.5 C), Bhiwani (3 C) and Karnal (3.3 C) while Ambala`s low settled at 6.6 deg C.
Chandigarh, where cloudy weather prevailed today, recorded a low of 6 deg C.
The MeT has forecast no immediate relief from the ongoing cold conditions during the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you