Additional civil judge suspended for judicial misconduct
Fatehgarh Sahib: The Punjab and Haryana High court has suspended a senior civil judge of Punjab for his alleged judicial misconduct.
Additional Civil Judge (senior division) Ranjan Kumar Khullar was suspended on July 23, officials said on Thursday.
"Acting Chief Justice and Judges, in exercise of powers under Article 235 of the Constitution read with Rule 4 of the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal), Rules, 1970, have been pleased to suspend Ranjan Kumar Khullar, Additional Civil Judge (Senior Division), Fatehgarh Sahib in contemplating of disciplinary proceedings," the suspension order stated.
During the period of suspension, the headquarters of Khullar will be at Fatehgarh Sahib. He will not leave the headquarters during this period without the prior permission of District and Session Judge, the order reads.
The reason for the action was not immediately known, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration
- Watch: AR Murugadoss introduces action avatar of Sonakshi Sinha in 'Akira'
- Style queen Kangana Ranaut stuns in Grazia India's 100th issue cover! - Pics inside
- ICE vs FRA Preview: Dark Horses Iceland face favorites France in quarter-finals