AISSF asks SAD to sever ties with BJP
Amritsar: Sikh students federation on Friday asked the SAD to break ties with BJP over L K Advani`s alleged support of the Operation Bluestar.
"It is well known that besides British government`s support, Indian army`s action was also supported by LK Advani and BJP," the All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) said in a memorandum to the Akal Takht Jathedar.
In his book "My Country, My Life", Advani takes credit for having a hand in Indian government`s military action in June 1984, they said.
The AISSF memorandum urged Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh to "declare" that BJP was equally responsible for the army invasion, and direct ?Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) to sever all ties with the BJP, and issue a directive to SAD (Badal), SGPC and DSGMC to stop using the incidents of June 1984 to further their political interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details
- Capital flows out of China slowing: Beijing
- Sensex drops 205 points, worst single-day fall in a month
- Bribery case: Fresh probe ordered against former Kerala Minister AK Babu