AISSF asks SAD to sever ties with BJP
Amritsar: Sikh students federation on Friday asked the SAD to break ties with BJP over L K Advani`s alleged support of the Operation Bluestar.
"It is well known that besides British government`s support, Indian army`s action was also supported by LK Advani and BJP," the All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) said in a memorandum to the Akal Takht Jathedar.
In his book "My Country, My Life", Advani takes credit for having a hand in Indian government`s military action in June 1984, they said.
The AISSF memorandum urged Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh to "declare" that BJP was equally responsible for the army invasion, and direct ?Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) to sever all ties with the BJP, and issue a directive to SAD (Badal), SGPC and DSGMC to stop using the incidents of June 1984 to further their political interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA