AISSF asks SAD to sever ties with BJP
Amritsar: Sikh students federation on Friday asked the SAD to break ties with BJP over L K Advani`s alleged support of the Operation Bluestar.
"It is well known that besides British government`s support, Indian army`s action was also supported by LK Advani and BJP," the All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) said in a memorandum to the Akal Takht Jathedar.
In his book "My Country, My Life", Advani takes credit for having a hand in Indian government`s military action in June 1984, they said.
The AISSF memorandum urged Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh to "declare" that BJP was equally responsible for the army invasion, and direct ?Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) to sever all ties with the BJP, and issue a directive to SAD (Badal), SGPC and DSGMC to stop using the incidents of June 1984 to further their political interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir