AISSF asks SAD to sever ties with BJP
Amritsar: Sikh students federation on Friday asked the SAD to break ties with BJP over L K Advani`s alleged support of the Operation Bluestar.
"It is well known that besides British government`s support, Indian army`s action was also supported by LK Advani and BJP," the All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) said in a memorandum to the Akal Takht Jathedar.
In his book "My Country, My Life", Advani takes credit for having a hand in Indian government`s military action in June 1984, they said.
The AISSF memorandum urged Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh to "declare" that BJP was equally responsible for the army invasion, and direct ?Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) to sever all ties with the BJP, and issue a directive to SAD (Badal), SGPC and DSGMC to stop using the incidents of June 1984 to further their political interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Revealed! Release date of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser
- Rio Olympics 2016: Australia's Cate Campbell swam with hernia, says report
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged