AK-47 rifle, heroin smuggled from Pak seized in Punjab
Amritsar: Six kgs of heroin with a street
value of Rs six crore, an AK-47 rifle and 100 live cartridges
smuggled from Pakistan via Punjab border were seized here
on Saturday and two persons arrested, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, the State Special Operation Cell
(SSOC) of Punjab Police nabbed the two alleged smugglers near
the Indo-Pak border when they were going to deliver the
consignment to another place.
The drugs, arms and ammunition, which also included four
magazines, were smuggled to India from Pakistan recently, SP
SSOC Manminder Singh said.
Singh said the two arrested men have been identified as
Satnam Singh and Harjinder Singh, residents of border village
Ramdas. They told interrogators that the items were brought to
India with the help of Pakistani smugglers.
The duo was constantly in touch with their Pakistani
counterparts, Singh said adding, the source of the contraband
and the area from where it was smuggled are being ascertained.
Investigations are being conducted to unearth the network
of the smugglers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17