Akal Takht flays `tossing` of DSGMC chief`s turban
Amritsar: Akal Takht on Thursday termed the recent
incident of tossing of turban (head gear) of Delhi Sikh
Gurdwara Management Committee chief as "unfortunate".
In a statement here, head of the highest Sikh temporal
seat Gurbachan Singh said removal of turban of Parmjit Singh
Sarna in public was against Sikh tenets.
"It was unfortunate that some people in order to settle
their personal scores with Sarna had removed his turban in
full public view which was highly repulsive act," he said.
Sarna`s turban was removed by a youth few days back.
The person, who indulged in a scuffle with Sarna, had
also once slapped Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar at a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?