Akal Takht flays `tossing` of DSGMC chief`s turban
Amritsar: Akal Takht on Thursday termed the recent
incident of tossing of turban (head gear) of Delhi Sikh
Gurdwara Management Committee chief as "unfortunate".
In a statement here, head of the highest Sikh temporal
seat Gurbachan Singh said removal of turban of Parmjit Singh
Sarna in public was against Sikh tenets.
"It was unfortunate that some people in order to settle
their personal scores with Sarna had removed his turban in
full public view which was highly repulsive act," he said.
Sarna`s turban was removed by a youth few days back.
The person, who indulged in a scuffle with Sarna, had
also once slapped Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar at a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal