Akal Takht Jathedar asks SGPC to probe into clash
Amritsar: Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh on Saturday asked Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee to initiate a probe into Friday`s violence that took place inside the Golden Temple.
Jathedar, while talking to reporters here, asked SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar to submit a report after completing the probe into the incident.
Jathedar said some "unscrupulous elements" attacked employees of SGPC.
When reporters pointed out that one of the SGPC employees had brandished naked sword at Golden Temple complex, Jathedar of Akal Takht said, "Such aspects will not be ignored during course of investigation."
Meanwhile, Punjab Police ADCP Parampal Singh said out of the 28 accused, 21 were arrested in connection with the yesterday`s violence at the Golden Temple.
Rest of the accused would be nabbed soon, he said.
Two groups yesterday clashed inside the Golden Temple premises, leaving at least 12 persons injured after a ceremony organised to mark the 30th anniversary of Operation Bluestar.
The situation took an ugly turn when one of the Akali Dal factions led by Simranjeet Singh Mann along with his supporters tried to raise pro-Khalistani slogans from the rostrum of Akal Takht.
Mann was was prevented from delivering the speech by SGPC Task Force, following which clash broke out between Mann`s activists and SGPC Task Force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed