Akal Takht Jathedar asks SGPC to probe into clash
Amritsar: Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh on Saturday asked Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee to initiate a probe into Friday`s violence that took place inside the Golden Temple.
Jathedar, while talking to reporters here, asked SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar to submit a report after completing the probe into the incident.
Jathedar said some "unscrupulous elements" attacked employees of SGPC.
When reporters pointed out that one of the SGPC employees had brandished naked sword at Golden Temple complex, Jathedar of Akal Takht said, "Such aspects will not be ignored during course of investigation."
Meanwhile, Punjab Police ADCP Parampal Singh said out of the 28 accused, 21 were arrested in connection with the yesterday`s violence at the Golden Temple.
Rest of the accused would be nabbed soon, he said.
Two groups yesterday clashed inside the Golden Temple premises, leaving at least 12 persons injured after a ceremony organised to mark the 30th anniversary of Operation Bluestar.
The situation took an ugly turn when one of the Akali Dal factions led by Simranjeet Singh Mann along with his supporters tried to raise pro-Khalistani slogans from the rostrum of Akal Takht.
Mann was was prevented from delivering the speech by SGPC Task Force, following which clash broke out between Mann`s activists and SGPC Task Force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?