Akal Takht priest to baptise Beant killer in jail
Amritsar: Akal Takht Jathedar Gyani Gurbachan
Singh will visit Burail jail to make Balwant Singh, who is on
death row in the assasination of former Chief Minister Beant
Singh, a baptised (Amritdhari) Sikh.
Informing this here today the Jathedar said the death row
convict had conveyed a request to him recently asking him to
conduct the ceremony as he wished to become a baptised Sikh
before being taken to the gallows.
He said he had already asked SGPC chief Avtar Singh
Makkar to make arrangements for his visit along with five
other Sikh priests to the jail to conduct the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug