Akal Takht priest to baptise Beant killer in jail
Amritsar: Akal Takht Jathedar Gyani Gurbachan
Singh will visit Burail jail to make Balwant Singh, who is on
death row in the assasination of former Chief Minister Beant
Singh, a baptised (Amritdhari) Sikh.
Informing this here today the Jathedar said the death row
convict had conveyed a request to him recently asking him to
conduct the ceremony as he wished to become a baptised Sikh
before being taken to the gallows.
He said he had already asked SGPC chief Avtar Singh
Makkar to make arrangements for his visit along with five
other Sikh priests to the jail to conduct the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016