Akal Takht, Sikhs honour kin of Indira`s assassin
Amritsar: Sikh groups Thursday observed the death anniversary of Beant Singh, one of the assassins of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on this day in 1984, and honoured his son at a function held at the Golden Temple complex here.
Sarabjit, son of Beant, was honoured by the head of Akal Takht, the supreme temporal seat of the Sikhs, Jathedar Gaini Gurbachan Singh, head of Damdami Taksal, Baba Harnam Singh Khalsa, working head of SAD (Panch Pardani), Harpal Singh Cheema, and Dal Khalsa spokesperson, Kanwar Pal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi