Akal Takht, Sikhs honour kin of Indira`s assassin
Amritsar: Sikh groups Thursday observed the death anniversary of Beant Singh, one of the assassins of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on this day in 1984, and honoured his son at a function held at the Golden Temple complex here.
Sarabjit, son of Beant, was honoured by the head of Akal Takht, the supreme temporal seat of the Sikhs, Jathedar Gaini Gurbachan Singh, head of Damdami Taksal, Baba Harnam Singh Khalsa, working head of SAD (Panch Pardani), Harpal Singh Cheema, and Dal Khalsa spokesperson, Kanwar Pal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials