Akali Dal leader Bibi Kashmir Kaur joins Congress
Amritsar: Ahead of the Panchayat polls in Punjab, Akali Dal leader and chairperson of Block Samiti Majitha, Bibi Kashmir Kaur along with her supporters joined Congress on Saturday.
Kaur along with her supporters joined Congress at a function in the presence of state party chief Partap Singh Bajwa.
Kaur, is the wife of Baba Ram Singh a Akali leader of Majha area.
On the occasion, she condemned the "anti-people" policies of the Shiromani Akali Dal.
Bajwa welcomed Kaur into the partyfold and said her presence would strengthen Congress in the state.
Many senior Akali leader were ready to quit the party, the Congress leader claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state