Akali Dal leader Bibi Kashmir Kaur joins Congress
Amritsar: Ahead of the Panchayat polls in Punjab, Akali Dal leader and chairperson of Block Samiti Majitha, Bibi Kashmir Kaur along with her supporters joined Congress on Saturday.
Kaur along with her supporters joined Congress at a function in the presence of state party chief Partap Singh Bajwa.
Kaur, is the wife of Baba Ram Singh a Akali leader of Majha area.
On the occasion, she condemned the "anti-people" policies of the Shiromani Akali Dal.
Bajwa welcomed Kaur into the partyfold and said her presence would strengthen Congress in the state.
Many senior Akali leader were ready to quit the party, the Congress leader claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users