Akali Dal wins Talwandi Sabo Assembly seat
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal candidate Jeet Mohinder Singh won the Talwandi Sabo assembly seat in Punjab by over 46,600 votes, officials said here.
He defeated his nearest rival Harminder Singh Jassi of the Congress.
Jeet Mohinder had quit the Congress earlier this year to join the Akali Dal. He had resigned this seat before joining the Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur