`Akali dharnas are like Qaeda protesting terror`
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Friday ridiculed the Akali-BJP protests against corruption across the state, saying their dharnas were like "al Qaeda protesting terror”.
Amarinder said Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal should have patience and stop behaving like a "restless kid" asking for development projects every day.
He said not only five as demanded by Badal, "Congress will list 51 projects that it initiated, executed and completed during its tenure and if his (Sukhbirs) childish urge still remains unsatisfied, the Congress will come out with a list of 51 more projects."
Referring to the dharnas staged by the Akali-BJP yesterday, Amarinder said they had no moral authority to do so as they were themselves "neck-deep in corruption" and their protests seemed more like "the al Qaeda protesting against terror”.
"The Akali-BJP alliance, on one hand are protecting their own corrupt people, while at the same time seeking action against others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'