`Akali dharnas are like Qaeda protesting terror`
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Friday ridiculed the Akali-BJP protests against corruption across the state, saying their dharnas were like "al Qaeda protesting terror”.
Amarinder said Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal should have patience and stop behaving like a "restless kid" asking for development projects every day.
He said not only five as demanded by Badal, "Congress will list 51 projects that it initiated, executed and completed during its tenure and if his (Sukhbirs) childish urge still remains unsatisfied, the Congress will come out with a list of 51 more projects."
Referring to the dharnas staged by the Akali-BJP yesterday, Amarinder said they had no moral authority to do so as they were themselves "neck-deep in corruption" and their protests seemed more like "the al Qaeda protesting against terror”.
"The Akali-BJP alliance, on one hand are protecting their own corrupt people, while at the same time seeking action against others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender