`Akali dharnas are like Qaeda protesting terror`
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Friday ridiculed the Akali-BJP protests against corruption across the state, saying their dharnas were like "al Qaeda protesting terror”.
Amarinder said Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal should have patience and stop behaving like a "restless kid" asking for development projects every day.
He said not only five as demanded by Badal, "Congress will list 51 projects that it initiated, executed and completed during its tenure and if his (Sukhbirs) childish urge still remains unsatisfied, the Congress will come out with a list of 51 more projects."
Referring to the dharnas staged by the Akali-BJP yesterday, Amarinder said they had no moral authority to do so as they were themselves "neck-deep in corruption" and their protests seemed more like "the al Qaeda protesting against terror”.
"The Akali-BJP alliance, on one hand are protecting their own corrupt people, while at the same time seeking action against others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!