`Akali dharnas are like Qaeda protesting terror`
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Friday ridiculed the Akali-BJP protests against corruption across the state, saying their dharnas were like "al Qaeda protesting terror”.
Amarinder said Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal should have patience and stop behaving like a "restless kid" asking for development projects every day.
He said not only five as demanded by Badal, "Congress will list 51 projects that it initiated, executed and completed during its tenure and if his (Sukhbirs) childish urge still remains unsatisfied, the Congress will come out with a list of 51 more projects."
Referring to the dharnas staged by the Akali-BJP yesterday, Amarinder said they had no moral authority to do so as they were themselves "neck-deep in corruption" and their protests seemed more like "the al Qaeda protesting against terror”.
"The Akali-BJP alliance, on one hand are protecting their own corrupt people, while at the same time seeking action against others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview