Akali leader`s kin booked for thrashing homeguard
Chandigarh: In yet another embarrassment for ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab, a kin of party`s district youth wing president has been booked for roughing up a Homeguard and tearing his uniform in Gurdaspur, 220 kms from here.
The accused has been identified as Inderpal Singh, the nephew of Gurdaspur Youth Akali Dal president Paramvir Singh Laadi, a senior policer said.
"A case has been registered against Inderpal and his driver yesterday and they will be arrested," Gurdaspur SSP Rajjit Singh said.
On Friday, Homeguard Gurnam Singh signalled the driver of a car to stop, after it hit another vehicle while plying on the wrong side of the road.
In the complaint Gurnam alleged that Inderpal, who was present in the car, threatened him when he asked for vehicle papers.
According to Gurnam, he was manhandled by Inderpal, who also tore his uniform in full public view.
"Had I forgotten the Amritsar ASI`s murder said Inderpal while attacking me," the homeguard said in the complaint.
Dr Ajay Abrol, a doctor at a Gurdaspur hospital, said Inderpal`s vehicle had hit his car.
Meanwhile, Laddi said that the law will take its own course in this case.
On December 5, ASI Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead allegedly by a local SAD leader after he resisted harassment of his daughter by the politician and his aides in Amritsar.
SAD leader Ranjit Singh Rana and his two accomplices have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read