Akali MLA brokers peace between Dera followers, radicals
Moga: Peace was restored between Dera Sacha Sauda followers and radical Sikhs on Friday three days after they clashed with each other at Dhudike village in the district.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal deputed SAD MLA Tota Singh to hold parleys with members of both groups and convince them to bridge their differences. The district authorities arranged the meeting of Tota Singh with the warring groups, officials said.
Tota Singh managed to bring the warring groups closer for a "permanent solution" so that such clashes do not reoccur, officials said.
The meeting, which was held here late last night, was attended by Tota Singh and Akali leader Harinder Singh Rania; Gurmail Singh Sangatpura and Jugraj Singh Daudhar (SGPC members), Peoples Party of Punjab (PPP) leader Ravinder Singh Dhaliwal, and Lakhbir Singh, Chairman of Educational institutions of Dhudike and representatives of Dera.
The officials said the meeting was held in a "cordial" atmosphere with both sides agreeing to bury the differences between them, sources said.
Even as both groups pledged not to resort to violence again, heavy deployment of police personnel continued at Dhudike village to maintain the law and order.
During the clash which broke out on Tuesday after certain radical Sikh protested a congregation by Dera followers, at least six Dera followers and three policemen were injured and some vehicles were burnt by a mob.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt