Akali MLA’s nephew shoots down Jalandhar hotelier
Chandigarh: In yet another case highlighting the trigger happy ways of the high-and-mighty, Akali Dal MLA Sarabjit Singh Makkar’s nephew Prince shot dead a prominent Jalandhar hotelier and is absconding since then.
Ram Simran Singh Makkar alias Prince Makkar shot Gurkirat Singh, owner of the city’s prominent Selkhon Grand Hotel, yesterday night, after an altercation broke out between them over some issue.
Prince Makkar is also politically active; he is a city councillor, while his uncle Sarabjit Makkar is the MLA from Adampur.
Gurkirat Singh was rushed to a private hospital nearby but he could not be saved and breathed his last one hour later. His body was later shifted to the civil hospital, where the post-mortem would be conducted today.
Intriguingly, Prince and Gurkirat Singh were known to be close buddies and used to party together; what led Prince to kill his friend is yet to be ascertained.
At the time of the incident, Prince was accompanied by three others: Jasdeep Singh (owner of Regent Park hotel), Prince Narula, and Sunny Sachdeva. All of them are also absconding along with Prince.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory