Akali MLA’s nephew shoots down Jalandhar hotelier
Chandigarh: In yet another case highlighting the trigger happy ways of the high-and-mighty, Akali Dal MLA Sarabjit Singh Makkar’s nephew Prince shot dead a prominent Jalandhar hotelier and is absconding since then.
Ram Simran Singh Makkar alias Prince Makkar shot Gurkirat Singh, owner of the city’s prominent Selkhon Grand Hotel, yesterday night, after an altercation broke out between them over some issue.
Prince Makkar is also politically active; he is a city councillor, while his uncle Sarabjit Makkar is the MLA from Adampur.
Gurkirat Singh was rushed to a private hospital nearby but he could not be saved and breathed his last one hour later. His body was later shifted to the civil hospital, where the post-mortem would be conducted today.
Intriguingly, Prince and Gurkirat Singh were known to be close buddies and used to party together; what led Prince to kill his friend is yet to be ascertained.
At the time of the incident, Prince was accompanied by three others: Jasdeep Singh (owner of Regent Park hotel), Prince Narula, and Sunny Sachdeva. All of them are also absconding along with Prince.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what