Akali MLA’s nephew shoots down Jalandhar hotelier
Chandigarh: In yet another case highlighting the trigger happy ways of the high-and-mighty, Akali Dal MLA Sarabjit Singh Makkar’s nephew Prince shot dead a prominent Jalandhar hotelier and is absconding since then.
Ram Simran Singh Makkar alias Prince Makkar shot Gurkirat Singh, owner of the city’s prominent Selkhon Grand Hotel, yesterday night, after an altercation broke out between them over some issue.
Prince Makkar is also politically active; he is a city councillor, while his uncle Sarabjit Makkar is the MLA from Adampur.
Gurkirat Singh was rushed to a private hospital nearby but he could not be saved and breathed his last one hour later. His body was later shifted to the civil hospital, where the post-mortem would be conducted today.
Intriguingly, Prince and Gurkirat Singh were known to be close buddies and used to party together; what led Prince to kill his friend is yet to be ascertained.
At the time of the incident, Prince was accompanied by three others: Jasdeep Singh (owner of Regent Park hotel), Prince Narula, and Sunny Sachdeva. All of them are also absconding along with Prince.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'