Akali MLA’s nephew shoots down Jalandhar hotelier
Chandigarh: In yet another case highlighting the trigger happy ways of the high-and-mighty, Akali Dal MLA Sarabjit Singh Makkar’s nephew Prince shot dead a prominent Jalandhar hotelier and is absconding since then.
Ram Simran Singh Makkar alias Prince Makkar shot Gurkirat Singh, owner of the city’s prominent Selkhon Grand Hotel, yesterday night, after an altercation broke out between them over some issue.
Prince Makkar is also politically active; he is a city councillor, while his uncle Sarabjit Makkar is the MLA from Adampur.
Gurkirat Singh was rushed to a private hospital nearby but he could not be saved and breathed his last one hour later. His body was later shifted to the civil hospital, where the post-mortem would be conducted today.
Intriguingly, Prince and Gurkirat Singh were known to be close buddies and used to party together; what led Prince to kill his friend is yet to be ascertained.
At the time of the incident, Prince was accompanied by three others: Jasdeep Singh (owner of Regent Park hotel), Prince Narula, and Sunny Sachdeva. All of them are also absconding along with Prince.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured