Akali MLA’s nephew shoots down Jalandhar hotelier
Chandigarh: In yet another case highlighting the trigger happy ways of the high-and-mighty, Akali Dal MLA Sarabjit Singh Makkar’s nephew Prince shot dead a prominent Jalandhar hotelier and is absconding since then.
Ram Simran Singh Makkar alias Prince Makkar shot Gurkirat Singh, owner of the city’s prominent Selkhon Grand Hotel, yesterday night, after an altercation broke out between them over some issue.
Prince Makkar is also politically active; he is a city councillor, while his uncle Sarabjit Makkar is the MLA from Adampur.
Gurkirat Singh was rushed to a private hospital nearby but he could not be saved and breathed his last one hour later. His body was later shifted to the civil hospital, where the post-mortem would be conducted today.
Intriguingly, Prince and Gurkirat Singh were known to be close buddies and used to party together; what led Prince to kill his friend is yet to be ascertained.
At the time of the incident, Prince was accompanied by three others: Jasdeep Singh (owner of Regent Park hotel), Prince Narula, and Sunny Sachdeva. All of them are also absconding along with Prince.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city