Akali village head booked for opening fire
Faridkot (Punjab): An Akali village head has been booked for allegedly opening fire in a public place to threaten his opponent during cooperative society polls, police said on Tuesday.
"Sarpanch Paramjit Singh of Jhotiwala had indulged in a physical duel with Jalour Singh on Sunday over an issue related to cooperative society elections," they said.
The sarpanch also fired in the air to threaten his opponent.
Acting on a complaint, the sarpanch was booked by police.
"No arrest has been made so far," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them