Akali village head booked for opening fire
Faridkot (Punjab): An Akali village head has been booked for allegedly opening fire in a public place to threaten his opponent during cooperative society polls, police said on Tuesday.
"Sarpanch Paramjit Singh of Jhotiwala had indulged in a physical duel with Jalour Singh on Sunday over an issue related to cooperative society elections," they said.
The sarpanch also fired in the air to threaten his opponent.
Acting on a complaint, the sarpanch was booked by police.
"No arrest has been made so far," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report