Akali village head booked for opening fire
Faridkot (Punjab): An Akali village head has been booked for allegedly opening fire in a public place to threaten his opponent during cooperative society polls, police said on Tuesday.
"Sarpanch Paramjit Singh of Jhotiwala had indulged in a physical duel with Jalour Singh on Sunday over an issue related to cooperative society elections," they said.
The sarpanch also fired in the air to threaten his opponent.
Acting on a complaint, the sarpanch was booked by police.
"No arrest has been made so far," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!