Akali village head booked for opening fire
Faridkot (Punjab): An Akali village head has been booked for allegedly opening fire in a public place to threaten his opponent during cooperative society polls, police said on Tuesday.
"Sarpanch Paramjit Singh of Jhotiwala had indulged in a physical duel with Jalour Singh on Sunday over an issue related to cooperative society elections," they said.
The sarpanch also fired in the air to threaten his opponent.
Acting on a complaint, the sarpanch was booked by police.
"No arrest has been made so far," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open