Akali village head booked for opening fire
Faridkot (Punjab): An Akali village head has been booked for allegedly opening fire in a public place to threaten his opponent during cooperative society polls, police said on Tuesday.
"Sarpanch Paramjit Singh of Jhotiwala had indulged in a physical duel with Jalour Singh on Sunday over an issue related to cooperative society elections," they said.
The sarpanch also fired in the air to threaten his opponent.
Acting on a complaint, the sarpanch was booked by police.
"No arrest has been made so far," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network