Akalis never condemned any act of terror: Punjab PCC leader
Moga: A Punjab Congress leader on Monday alleged that the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal "never condemned" acts of terror.
"I want to ask the Akali leaders why they have always kept quiet about the incidents of terror," Former Punjab Youth Congress president and Anandpur Sahib MP Ravneet Singh Bittu said while campaigning for party candidate Vijay Sathi for February 23 bypoll here.
"Leave aside condemning terror acts like the killing of innocent people, they have never even opposed these acts," he claimed.
The grandson of former Chief Minister late Beant Singh, who was assassinated by terrorists, urged people not to waste their vote on those "who had no sympathy for the victims of terrorism".
He appealed voters to ensure that the Congress candidate gets elected from Moga and send a clear message against terror and against those who do not oppose it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'