Alert cop averted major train accident
Muzaffarnagar: A major train accident was averted when an alert policeman prevented the pedestrians to cross the railway track after he found the level crossing open at Bajheri on Delhi-Ambala section, officials said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the policeman found the level crossing open for the arrival of a Delhi-bound train and immediately prevented the Kawaria pilgrims to cross the track, they said.
Meanwhile, the assistant station master of Bamanheri railway station, Sachin Kumar has been suspended for negligence of duty, they said, adding that an inquiry has been ordered into incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai