Alert cop averted major train accident
Muzaffarnagar: A major train accident was averted when an alert policeman prevented the pedestrians to cross the railway track after he found the level crossing open at Bajheri on Delhi-Ambala section, officials said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the policeman found the level crossing open for the arrival of a Delhi-bound train and immediately prevented the Kawaria pilgrims to cross the track, they said.
Meanwhile, the assistant station master of Bamanheri railway station, Sachin Kumar has been suspended for negligence of duty, they said, adding that an inquiry has been ordered into incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption