Alert cop averted major train accident
Muzaffarnagar: A major train accident was averted when an alert policeman prevented the pedestrians to cross the railway track after he found the level crossing open at Bajheri on Delhi-Ambala section, officials said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the policeman found the level crossing open for the arrival of a Delhi-bound train and immediately prevented the Kawaria pilgrims to cross the track, they said.
Meanwhile, the assistant station master of Bamanheri railway station, Sachin Kumar has been suspended for negligence of duty, they said, adding that an inquiry has been ordered into incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional