Alert cop averted major train accident
Muzaffarnagar: A major train accident was averted when an alert policeman prevented the pedestrians to cross the railway track after he found the level crossing open at Bajheri on Delhi-Ambala section, officials said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the policeman found the level crossing open for the arrival of a Delhi-bound train and immediately prevented the Kawaria pilgrims to cross the track, they said.
Meanwhile, the assistant station master of Bamanheri railway station, Sachin Kumar has been suspended for negligence of duty, they said, adding that an inquiry has been ordered into incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened