Alert cop averted major train accident
Muzaffarnagar: A major train accident was averted when an alert policeman prevented the pedestrians to cross the railway track after he found the level crossing open at Bajheri on Delhi-Ambala section, officials said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the policeman found the level crossing open for the arrival of a Delhi-bound train and immediately prevented the Kawaria pilgrims to cross the track, they said.
Meanwhile, the assistant station master of Bamanheri railway station, Sachin Kumar has been suspended for negligence of duty, they said, adding that an inquiry has been ordered into incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez