All seats filled in Punjab govt ITIs: Official
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has succeeded in filling cent per cent seats in all the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) in the state, an official spokesman said here Monday.
In the current academic session, all the available 16,684 seats in 111 government ITIs have been filled, whereas 80 per cent seats in 294 ITIs in the private sector have been taken, the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, the Technical Education Department is making efforts for the placement of as many students as possible.
The 799 students belonging to Patiala, Rajpura and Batala ITIs have succeeded in getting jobs in leading auto companies like Maruti and Tata Motors, the spokesman claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez