Amarinder accuses Badal of raking up Operation Bluestar for poll gains
Chandigarh: Accusing Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal of raking up Operation Bluestar for political gains, Congress leader Amarinder Singh questioned his silence on the issue for a long time.
Asserting that Badal was in the habit of raking up the issue at the time of elections to promote himself, he said Badal always exploited the sentiments of innocent people and then shirked away from responsibility.
The former Chief Minister also questioned Badal`s silence over the involvement of BJP and RSS workers and leaders in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
Referring to the details, Amarinder said that on May 26, 1984, a meeting was held at a Delhi guest house where Badal, along with two of his colleagues, met three central ministers. While the two colleagues left for Punjab after the meeting, Badal went into hiding in his Bazpur farmhouse in UP.
On June 1, 1984 the police and CRPF cordoned off the Darbar Sahab, but Badal failed to keep his promise to confront military operation and physically prevent the Army from entering the Darbar Sahib, Amarinder said.
"You ran away to Bazpur and hid yourself in a farmhouse, only to emerge after everything was over," he said, adding that Badal was raking up the issue for political gains ahead of the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what