Amarinder asks Punjab CM Badal to sack Majithia
Chandigarh: Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President Capt Amarinder Singh on Thursday asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to sack Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia to convey a strong message that lawlessness will not be tolerated in the state.
He also asked Director General of Police (DGP) Sumedh Singh Saini to take a clear stand for his police force as it was getting demoralised with the events taking place every day in Punjab.
Addressing a press conference at the Punjab Congress headquarters here, the former Chief Minister said that the denial mode of the government notwithstanding, the law and order in the state was worse and warned that such situations were always taken advantage of by the extremist elements.
The former Chief Minister said Badal was experienced enough to realise the intensity and the seriousness of the situation with the `Bikram Sena` (Bikram`s supporters) going on rampage.
He said questioned as to how an ASI was murdered in Amritsar and an AIG was brutally assaulted in Ludhiana by Bikram`s men.
He said it was high time Badal sacked Majithia before he pushes the state towards anarchy.
Referring to Monday night`s incident in Ludhiana where an AIG SS Mand was "brutally manhandled" by a "close aide" of Bikram Majithia, Capt Amarinder said the government particularly the Deputy Chief Minister was still saying that he had not been beaten up but had suffered a fracture as he had slipped.
The former Chief Minister warned against demoralising the police force and stated that DGP Saini must take a stand for his people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof