Amarinder asks Punjab CM Badal to sack Majithia
Chandigarh: Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President Capt Amarinder Singh on Thursday asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to sack Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia to convey a strong message that lawlessness will not be tolerated in the state.
He also asked Director General of Police (DGP) Sumedh Singh Saini to take a clear stand for his police force as it was getting demoralised with the events taking place every day in Punjab.
Addressing a press conference at the Punjab Congress headquarters here, the former Chief Minister said that the denial mode of the government notwithstanding, the law and order in the state was worse and warned that such situations were always taken advantage of by the extremist elements.
The former Chief Minister said Badal was experienced enough to realise the intensity and the seriousness of the situation with the `Bikram Sena` (Bikram`s supporters) going on rampage.
He said questioned as to how an ASI was murdered in Amritsar and an AIG was brutally assaulted in Ludhiana by Bikram`s men.
He said it was high time Badal sacked Majithia before he pushes the state towards anarchy.
Referring to Monday night`s incident in Ludhiana where an AIG SS Mand was "brutally manhandled" by a "close aide" of Bikram Majithia, Capt Amarinder said the government particularly the Deputy Chief Minister was still saying that he had not been beaten up but had suffered a fracture as he had slipped.
The former Chief Minister warned against demoralising the police force and stated that DGP Saini must take a stand for his people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- Sultry morning in city
- European leaders to discuss EU future after Brexit shock
- Robert Vadra calls Subramanian Swamy `attention seeking`, `deplorable and classist` over 'waiter' remark
- WhatsApp users now make over 100 million calls everyday!