Amarinder condemns attack on Gen Brar
Hoshiarpur: Punjab state Congress chief Amarinder Singh Tuesday condemned the attack on Lt Gen Kuldeep Singh Brar, who had led "Operation Blue Star", and accused Badal government of provoking such incidents and not allowing "old wounds to heal".
Amarinder said the attack on Gen Brar "is highly condemnable and those guilty of it must be brought to book".
He blamed Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for "creating such a situation, by establishing memorials like on Operation Bluestar, which do not allow the old wounds to heal".
"All his life he (Badal) has indulged in just one thing to provoke people and inflame passions while hiding himself...," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'