Amarinder flays Badal`s presence at Modi`s fast
Chandigarh: Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Amarinder Singh on Saturday criticised Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s presence at the fast of Gujarat Chief Minister Narender Modi alleging it only "betrayed his (Badal`s) double standards" in politics.
In a statement here, Amarinder said it also reflected Badal`s "desperation" to cling to BJP in whatever circumstances and whichever leadership in view of coming
assembly elections in Punjab.
The former chief minister asked Badal with what face he had gone to attend Modi`s Sadbhavna fast, which in itself is just a "political gimmick".
While Modi`s fast is just a political gimmick, Badal`s presence there is doubly so", he charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test