Amarinder hails LS vote on FDI, lashes out at Akalis
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh today hailed UPA government`s victory on FDI vote in Lok Sabha and accused the state ruling Shiromani Akali Dal for taking "opportunistic stand" on the issue.
The PCC President, in a statement here, lashed out at the Shiromani Akali Dal "for its opportunistic stand in opposing the FDI when it had supported it at first."
He said BJP and its ally SAD had lost all moral grounds by opposing the FDI after the Lok Sabha rejected its motion, adding that he hoped "better sense prevails" now.
Amarinder reiterated his stand that farmers will benefit the most once FDI is introduced and hoped that the Akalis introduce it in Punjab without making it a prestige issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre