Amarinder hails LS vote on FDI, lashes out at Akalis
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh today hailed UPA government`s victory on FDI vote in Lok Sabha and accused the state ruling Shiromani Akali Dal for taking "opportunistic stand" on the issue.
The PCC President, in a statement here, lashed out at the Shiromani Akali Dal "for its opportunistic stand in opposing the FDI when it had supported it at first."
He said BJP and its ally SAD had lost all moral grounds by opposing the FDI after the Lok Sabha rejected its motion, adding that he hoped "better sense prevails" now.
Amarinder reiterated his stand that farmers will benefit the most once FDI is introduced and hoped that the Akalis introduce it in Punjab without making it a prestige issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured