Amarinder hails LS vote on FDI, lashes out at Akalis
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh today hailed UPA government`s victory on FDI vote in Lok Sabha and accused the state ruling Shiromani Akali Dal for taking "opportunistic stand" on the issue.
The PCC President, in a statement here, lashed out at the Shiromani Akali Dal "for its opportunistic stand in opposing the FDI when it had supported it at first."
He said BJP and its ally SAD had lost all moral grounds by opposing the FDI after the Lok Sabha rejected its motion, adding that he hoped "better sense prevails" now.
Amarinder reiterated his stand that farmers will benefit the most once FDI is introduced and hoped that the Akalis introduce it in Punjab without making it a prestige issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown