Amarinder hails LS vote on FDI, lashes out at Akalis
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh today hailed UPA government`s victory on FDI vote in Lok Sabha and accused the state ruling Shiromani Akali Dal for taking "opportunistic stand" on the issue.
The PCC President, in a statement here, lashed out at the Shiromani Akali Dal "for its opportunistic stand in opposing the FDI when it had supported it at first."
He said BJP and its ally SAD had lost all moral grounds by opposing the FDI after the Lok Sabha rejected its motion, adding that he hoped "better sense prevails" now.
Amarinder reiterated his stand that farmers will benefit the most once FDI is introduced and hoped that the Akalis introduce it in Punjab without making it a prestige issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year