Amarinder leads Cong dharna against Faridkot abduction
Faridkot: Punjab unit of Congress on Sunday held protest against the abduction of a minor girl here and alleged the state government was "negligent" in performing its duties.
Punjab Congress Committee president Amarinder Singh led the party`s `dharna` against the abduction of the girl.
He was also joined by the parents of the abducted girl and other party leaders, including the Congress Legislative Party leader Sunil Jakhar.
Former chief minister and senior party leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal also joined the `dharna`.
However, in a strange coincidence, as Amarinder was about to speak at the `dharna`, the news of girl`s recovery and arrest of the main accused came along.
The state Congress chief expressed relief over the news.
Lashing out at the "criminal negligence" of the state government in the case, the Congress leader asked "was this an example of a good governance that a helpless girl was abducted from her home and her parents were brutally manhandled."
"We can well imagine the anxiety and trauma the parents have undergone for almost about a month now, when they did not have any news about their daughter," he said, while promising full support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!