Amarinder questions Badal`s silence over attack
Chandigarh: The "silence" of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on the attack on Lt Gen (retd) Kuldeep Singh Brar is "seditious" and shocking, Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh alleged on Wednesday.
It is shocking that the chief minister has preferred to keep quiet on such a critical issue that is directly related to Punjab, he said.
"Badal`s silence is just not criminal, it is seditious and betrays his moral cowardice," the Congress leader alleged.
Appealing Badal to clarify his stand on the attack on Gen Brar, the PCC president said, "Badal`s silence simply amounts to approving the attack".
78-year-old Brar was attacked by some men with knives in London on Sunday.
"On such issues Badal cannot stick to his characteristic fence sitting positions. You are either with the terrorists who attacked Gen Brar or against them," he said.
Singh claimed that his stand on the Operation Bluestar was well known.
"You need to have moral courage to call spade a spade and that is what I did in 1984 and that is what I am doing now," he said in a statement here.
However, reacting to one of Singh`s statement given in connection with the attack on Gen Brar, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal said that in 1984 when Amarinder realised that Sikh masses are against the Operation Bluestar, he went to the extent of resigning from the Congress party only to rejoin it again after a gap few years.
Cheema said it was very unfortunate that instead of thinking for the welfare of the people and state, Amarinder has always tried to get political mileage out such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?