Amarinder questions Badal`s silence over attack
Chandigarh: The "silence" of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on the attack on Lt Gen (retd) Kuldeep Singh Brar is "seditious" and shocking, Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh alleged on Wednesday.
It is shocking that the chief minister has preferred to keep quiet on such a critical issue that is directly related to Punjab, he said.
"Badal`s silence is just not criminal, it is seditious and betrays his moral cowardice," the Congress leader alleged.
Appealing Badal to clarify his stand on the attack on Gen Brar, the PCC president said, "Badal`s silence simply amounts to approving the attack".
78-year-old Brar was attacked by some men with knives in London on Sunday.
"On such issues Badal cannot stick to his characteristic fence sitting positions. You are either with the terrorists who attacked Gen Brar or against them," he said.
Singh claimed that his stand on the Operation Bluestar was well known.
"You need to have moral courage to call spade a spade and that is what I did in 1984 and that is what I am doing now," he said in a statement here.
However, reacting to one of Singh`s statement given in connection with the attack on Gen Brar, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal said that in 1984 when Amarinder realised that Sikh masses are against the Operation Bluestar, he went to the extent of resigning from the Congress party only to rejoin it again after a gap few years.
Cheema said it was very unfortunate that instead of thinking for the welfare of the people and state, Amarinder has always tried to get political mileage out such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list