Amarinder Singh a Maharaja without kingdom: Majithia
Amritsar: Punjab`s Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia has called Congress Lok Sabha candidate from Amritsar, Captain Amarinder Singh, a Maharaja without a kingdom, and a man whose political career is coming to an end.
He said a reluctant Captain Amarinder Singh was forced by Sonia Gandhi to contest the General Elections, and now he was so disturbed that he has lost his mental balance and has no control over his tongue.
Majithia said Captain Amarinder Singh has a bloated ego, and is unable to see the writing on the wall.
"This is all because Captain Amarinder Singh still feels that he is Maharaja and cannot realise that the days of Maharajas and Kings is over and the leaders who are close to the hearts of the people can be their rightful representatives," he said.
"There is no place for kings in democracy and they had fallen to the ground under the weight of the representative politics," he added.
Stating that Captain Amarinder Singh, who has no control over his tongue only knows one thing and that is building castles in the air, Majithia said: "He is bound to be defeated badly by the people of Amritsar who are aware about his old tactics of poisoning the politics``, said he.
He said Captain Amarinder Singh must realise that the people have various issues that need to be addressed instead of resorting to gimmicks.
Criticising the Congress Party, Majithia said Captain Amarinder Singh belongs to a party which had a government at the Centre that broke all records in corruption and engineering scandals and looted the country.
Majithia further said Singh has been distorting facts regarding `Operation Blue Star` and forgets he belongs to the party which conducted the onslaught against the most respected religious shrine and facilitated the anti-Sikh riots in November 1984.
"Instead of taking acting against those who killed hundreds of the Sikhs, the Congress gave them prominent posts in the party and government. For example, the name of Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar can be referred``, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!