Amarinder Singh appears in court in a scam case
Mohali: Former Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh appeared before a district court in connection with Amritsar Improvement Trust (AIT) scam here on Monday.
Punjab Vigilance Bureau had booked Amarinder on September 11, 2008, in a land scam involving Amritsar Improvement Trust which was later taken by a builder.
The Vigilance Bureau has already filed a chargesheet against Amrinder in this case before a special court in Mohali.
The court adjourned the hearing in the case to May 18.
Later, interacting with the media, Amarinder said the setting up of a memorial to those killed in the Operation Bluestar inside the Golden Temple complex in Amritsar was wrong.
Condemning the brutal attack and subsequent death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistan jail, he said it was a very unfortunate incident.
On the forthcoming panchayat elections, the senior Congress leader said Congress was fully prepared to win provided the elections are held in a fair manner.
He denied there was any sort of groupism in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence