Amarinder Singh hails move to depoliticise Punjab Police
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the move to depoliticise the police in the state was welcome and hoped the process would be taken to its logical conclusion.
It was good the wisdom had finally dawned on the state government and it had realised the urgency to depoliticise the police, he said.
Referring to reports that the Punjab Police was to transfer all its personnel with over three years of stay at a particular place, Amarinder said the move to depoliticise the department was welcome.
The Punjab Congress chief said he was hopeful the process would be taken to its logical conclusion.
He said the line of command in police must be ensured according to the rules.
The measure was long overdue and would go a long way in ensuring better police functioning, Amarinder said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India