Amarinder Singh hails move to depoliticise Punjab Police
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the move to depoliticise the police in the state was welcome and hoped the process would be taken to its logical conclusion.
It was good the wisdom had finally dawned on the state government and it had realised the urgency to depoliticise the police, he said.
Referring to reports that the Punjab Police was to transfer all its personnel with over three years of stay at a particular place, Amarinder said the move to depoliticise the department was welcome.
The Punjab Congress chief said he was hopeful the process would be taken to its logical conclusion.
He said the line of command in police must be ensured according to the rules.
The measure was long overdue and would go a long way in ensuring better police functioning, Amarinder said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country