Amarinder Singh hails move to depoliticise Punjab Police
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the move to depoliticise the police in the state was welcome and hoped the process would be taken to its logical conclusion.
It was good the wisdom had finally dawned on the state government and it had realised the urgency to depoliticise the police, he said.
Referring to reports that the Punjab Police was to transfer all its personnel with over three years of stay at a particular place, Amarinder said the move to depoliticise the department was welcome.
The Punjab Congress chief said he was hopeful the process would be taken to its logical conclusion.
He said the line of command in police must be ensured according to the rules.
The measure was long overdue and would go a long way in ensuring better police functioning, Amarinder said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16