Amarinder Singh hails move to depoliticise Punjab Police
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the move to depoliticise the police in the state was welcome and hoped the process would be taken to its logical conclusion.
It was good the wisdom had finally dawned on the state government and it had realised the urgency to depoliticise the police, he said.
Referring to reports that the Punjab Police was to transfer all its personnel with over three years of stay at a particular place, Amarinder said the move to depoliticise the department was welcome.
The Punjab Congress chief said he was hopeful the process would be taken to its logical conclusion.
He said the line of command in police must be ensured according to the rules.
The measure was long overdue and would go a long way in ensuring better police functioning, Amarinder said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery