Amarinder`s son hits back at Akali minister
Patiala: Former Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh`s son on Friday hit back at his critics in the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) for describing him as an "opportunist".
Raninder Singh Tikku, who is the son of Amarinder and Union Minister Preneet Kaur, was referring to comments by Punjab Rural Development Minister and Samana MLA Surjit Singh Rakhra.
"I am here in the constituency for the past couple of days and have been in regular touch with my workers... He (Surjit Singh Rakhra) is nobody to (question me).... Moreover, I am answerable only to the people of the constituency, not to him," he added.
Raninder lost to Rakhra in the last Assembly elections.
Referring to Raninder, Rakhra had recently said, "eh fasli batteray ne... Ehna te yakin na karyo (they are opportunists, don`t trust them)".
Asked why he and his father were missing during state Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa`s visit to the area last month, Raninder said both of them were busy in national Rifle Association elections.
"(We were) busy for the elections of the Rifle Association ... I had informed the PCC chief about his (Amarinder`s) unavailability," Raninder said.
Bajwa had recently hinted that action would be taken against party leaders, including Raninder, for their absence from the Congress campaign for the May 19 Zilla Parishad and Block Samiti elections in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing