Amarnath pilgrims robbed of car in Punjab
Phagwara: Two Amarnath pilgrims were robbed of their car at gun point on a highway on the outskirts of Phagwara while they were returning from the cave shrine.
The two pilgrims from Delhi, Sanjit Singh and Raj Singh, were returning after paying obeisance at the cave shrine in Jammu and Kashmir when they were intercepted by some robbers on an SUV on the intervening night of July 8-9, police said.
One of the robbers barged into their Toyota car and took hold of the steering wheels and started driving it.
One of the pilgrims alleged that the robbers tied them with a roadside tree in a deserted place and sped away with their Toyota car, Rs 30,000 cash and other valuables.
The robbers had apparently followed the pilgrims from a roadside `dhaba`, about 40 kms away from Phagwara, where the duo had stopped for dinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?