Ambala mishap: Chairman, headmaster remanded
Ambala: The chairman and the headmaster of the
Arjun public school, whose overloaded van met with an accident
on Monday causing the death of 13 students and driver, were on Saturday remanded to two days of police custody by a local court.
Chairman Vikram Singh and headmaster Shakti Singh of the
school, who were arrested on Friday, were charged with not
following the norms and guidelines mandatory for a school.
As many as 13 students and the driver of this school
were killed when an overloaded van of the school, carrying 30
children against the capacity of 10, collided with a truck on
Saha-Shahbad Road on January 2.
Eight students of the school were killed on the spot
while the others succumbed to injuries at PGI Chandigarh.
A case was registered against the chairman and the
headmaster of the school and driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference