Ambala mishap: Chairman, headmaster remanded
Ambala: The chairman and the headmaster of the
Arjun public school, whose overloaded van met with an accident
on Monday causing the death of 13 students and driver, were on Saturday remanded to two days of police custody by a local court.
Chairman Vikram Singh and headmaster Shakti Singh of the
school, who were arrested on Friday, were charged with not
following the norms and guidelines mandatory for a school.
As many as 13 students and the driver of this school
were killed when an overloaded van of the school, carrying 30
children against the capacity of 10, collided with a truck on
Saha-Shahbad Road on January 2.
Eight students of the school were killed on the spot
while the others succumbed to injuries at PGI Chandigarh.
A case was registered against the chairman and the
headmaster of the school and driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves