Ambala mishap: Chairman, headmaster remanded
Ambala: The chairman and the headmaster of the
Arjun public school, whose overloaded van met with an accident
on Monday causing the death of 13 students and driver, were on Saturday remanded to two days of police custody by a local court.
Chairman Vikram Singh and headmaster Shakti Singh of the
school, who were arrested on Friday, were charged with not
following the norms and guidelines mandatory for a school.
As many as 13 students and the driver of this school
were killed when an overloaded van of the school, carrying 30
children against the capacity of 10, collided with a truck on
Saha-Shahbad Road on January 2.
Eight students of the school were killed on the spot
while the others succumbed to injuries at PGI Chandigarh.
A case was registered against the chairman and the
headmaster of the school and driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note