Amritsar ASI killing: DIG Border Range suspended
Chandigarh: A senior IPS officer of Punjab police was on Saturday night suspended, three days after the killing of an Assistant Sub Inspector in Amritsar who had resisted the harassment of his daughter allegedly by a ruling Akali Dal leader and his aides.
Paramraj Singh Umranangal, DIG (Border Range), was put under suspension "for not performing his duties efficiently", an official release said.
"He has created indiscipline in the Border Range," the release said, adding, "His headquarters during the period of suspension would be in the office of DGP, Punjab".
No further details were officially provided in connection with the suspension of the DIG.
ASI Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead allegedly by SAD local secretary (Urban) Ranjit Singh Rana and three of his associates on December 05.
A local station house officer (SHO) has already been dismissed in connection with Ravinderpal`s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video