Amritsar ASI killing: DIG Border Range suspended
Chandigarh: A senior IPS officer of Punjab police was on Saturday night suspended, three days after the killing of an Assistant Sub Inspector in Amritsar who had resisted the harassment of his daughter allegedly by a ruling Akali Dal leader and his aides.
Paramraj Singh Umranangal, DIG (Border Range), was put under suspension "for not performing his duties efficiently", an official release said.
"He has created indiscipline in the Border Range," the release said, adding, "His headquarters during the period of suspension would be in the office of DGP, Punjab".
No further details were officially provided in connection with the suspension of the DIG.
ASI Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead allegedly by SAD local secretary (Urban) Ranjit Singh Rana and three of his associates on December 05.
A local station house officer (SHO) has already been dismissed in connection with Ravinderpal`s killing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list