Amritsar ASI killing: DIG Border Range suspended
Chandigarh: A senior IPS officer of Punjab police was on Saturday night suspended, three days after the killing of an Assistant Sub Inspector in Amritsar who had resisted the harassment of his daughter allegedly by a ruling Akali Dal leader and his aides.
Paramraj Singh Umranangal, DIG (Border Range), was put under suspension "for not performing his duties efficiently", an official release said.
"He has created indiscipline in the Border Range," the release said, adding, "His headquarters during the period of suspension would be in the office of DGP, Punjab".
No further details were officially provided in connection with the suspension of the DIG.
ASI Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead allegedly by SAD local secretary (Urban) Ranjit Singh Rana and three of his associates on December 05.
A local station house officer (SHO) has already been dismissed in connection with Ravinderpal`s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000