Amritsar ASI killing: DIG Border Range suspended
Chandigarh: A senior IPS officer of Punjab police was on Saturday night suspended, three days after the killing of an Assistant Sub Inspector in Amritsar who had resisted the harassment of his daughter allegedly by a ruling Akali Dal leader and his aides.
Paramraj Singh Umranangal, DIG (Border Range), was put under suspension "for not performing his duties efficiently", an official release said.
"He has created indiscipline in the Border Range," the release said, adding, "His headquarters during the period of suspension would be in the office of DGP, Punjab".
No further details were officially provided in connection with the suspension of the DIG.
ASI Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead allegedly by SAD local secretary (Urban) Ranjit Singh Rana and three of his associates on December 05.
A local station house officer (SHO) has already been dismissed in connection with Ravinderpal`s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire