Amritsar ASI killing: DIG Border Range suspended
Chandigarh: A senior IPS officer of Punjab police was on Saturday night suspended, three days after the killing of an Assistant Sub Inspector in Amritsar who had resisted the harassment of his daughter allegedly by a ruling Akali Dal leader and his aides.
Paramraj Singh Umranangal, DIG (Border Range), was put under suspension "for not performing his duties efficiently", an official release said.
"He has created indiscipline in the Border Range," the release said, adding, "His headquarters during the period of suspension would be in the office of DGP, Punjab".
No further details were officially provided in connection with the suspension of the DIG.
ASI Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead allegedly by SAD local secretary (Urban) Ranjit Singh Rana and three of his associates on December 05.
A local station house officer (SHO) has already been dismissed in connection with Ravinderpal`s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch