Amritsar-Chandigarh Duronto Express chugs off
Amritsar: The much-awaited Chandigarh-
Amritsar Duronto Express train was flagged off from here on Wednesday
by Minister of State for Railways KH Muniyappa.
The train painted in green, mustard and brown colours
sets it apart from other Duronto Express trains.
BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu and Punjab Minister for Social
Security and Development of Women and Children Laxmi Kanta
Chawla demanded that there should be halts at Jalandhar and
Ludhiana to make the service a success.
Muniyappa said Duronto Express trains across the country
have no stoppages in between and as such the demand cannot be
accepted at present.
However, he said, if the demand is raised by politicians
and people, it will be considered.
The train has 17 coaches, including three air
conditioned. The fare for general ticket is around Rs 65 and
for air conditioned coach Rs 252.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert