Amritsar-Lalkuan AC Express to be launched on Oct 2
New Delhi: Railways have decided to launch a new air-conditioned train between Amritsar and Lalkuan in Uttarakhand.
The new weekly Amritsar-Lalkuan AC Express train will be operational every Wednesday from October 2 in both the directions, said a senior Northern Railway official adding "there was a demand by the local people for the train and it was included in the budget proposal."
The AC Express train shall depart from Amritsar at 5.55 AM every Wednesday and reach Lalkuan at 8.50 PM the same day. In the return direction, the train will leave Lalkuan every Wednesday at 11.15 PM to reach Amritsar at 2.45 PM the next day.
Consisting of 13 AC III tier coaches and three AC Chair Car coaches, the Amritsar-Lalkuan-Amritsar train will stop at Beas, Jalandhar, Phagwara, Ludhiana, New Morinda, Sahibzada Ajitsingh Nagar, Chandigarh, Ambala Cantonment, Jagadhari, Saharanpur, Roorkee, Laksar, Najibabad, Moradabad and Kashipur stations enroute in both the directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT