Amritsar-Lalkuan AC Express to be launched on Oct 2
New Delhi: Railways have decided to launch a new air-conditioned train between Amritsar and Lalkuan in Uttarakhand.
The new weekly Amritsar-Lalkuan AC Express train will be operational every Wednesday from October 2 in both the directions, said a senior Northern Railway official adding "there was a demand by the local people for the train and it was included in the budget proposal."
The AC Express train shall depart from Amritsar at 5.55 AM every Wednesday and reach Lalkuan at 8.50 PM the same day. In the return direction, the train will leave Lalkuan every Wednesday at 11.15 PM to reach Amritsar at 2.45 PM the next day.
Consisting of 13 AC III tier coaches and three AC Chair Car coaches, the Amritsar-Lalkuan-Amritsar train will stop at Beas, Jalandhar, Phagwara, Ludhiana, New Morinda, Sahibzada Ajitsingh Nagar, Chandigarh, Ambala Cantonment, Jagadhari, Saharanpur, Roorkee, Laksar, Najibabad, Moradabad and Kashipur stations enroute in both the directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling