Amritsar-Lalkuan AC Express to be launched on Oct 2
New Delhi: Railways have decided to launch a new air-conditioned train between Amritsar and Lalkuan in Uttarakhand.
The new weekly Amritsar-Lalkuan AC Express train will be operational every Wednesday from October 2 in both the directions, said a senior Northern Railway official adding "there was a demand by the local people for the train and it was included in the budget proposal."
The AC Express train shall depart from Amritsar at 5.55 AM every Wednesday and reach Lalkuan at 8.50 PM the same day. In the return direction, the train will leave Lalkuan every Wednesday at 11.15 PM to reach Amritsar at 2.45 PM the next day.
Consisting of 13 AC III tier coaches and three AC Chair Car coaches, the Amritsar-Lalkuan-Amritsar train will stop at Beas, Jalandhar, Phagwara, Ludhiana, New Morinda, Sahibzada Ajitsingh Nagar, Chandigarh, Ambala Cantonment, Jagadhari, Saharanpur, Roorkee, Laksar, Najibabad, Moradabad and Kashipur stations enroute in both the directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra