Amritsar-Nankana Sahib bus passengers have narrow escape
Amritsar: Passengers travelling in Nankana Sahib-Amritsar bus had a narrow escape today after it got involved in a multi-vehicle collision, in which three policemen were injured.
The five passengers travelling in the bus were safe, police said today. The accident took place at Amritsar-Loharka bypass, about 30-km away from Attari-Wagah border, when it was coming from Nankana Sahib in Lahore and heading towards Amritsar International Bus stand.
According to police, the pilot vehicle which was moving ahead of the bus collided with an SUV, as a result of which the bus travelling behind, hit the pilot vehicle. Unable to control, the escort vehicle following the bus rammed into it.
Three policemen sitting in pilot vehicle sustained injuries, Police said. After the accident, the bus restarted its journey with Punjab police providing pilot and escort vehicles.
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had flagged off the bus service between Amritsar and Nankana Sahib, the birth place of founder of Sikh religion Guru Nanak Dev, in March 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know