`Apathy of national parties led to rise of regional forces`
Patiala: National parties have the tendency of ignoring regional issues which has led to the emergence of smaller parties, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said on Friday.
"National parties have the tendency for ignoring regional issues and because of this reason, small parties are emerging," Badal said here.
He, however, ruled out the possibilities of national parties replacing the regional ones.
Targeting the Patiala MP and Union minister for state for External Affairs, Preneet Kaur, Badal said that his party would not let her win the seat in the next Lok Sabha polls.
"This time she (Preneet) will not win Patiala seat. Every effort will be made in this regard," Badal said.
He alleged that she had done nothing for Punjab and for her constituency in last thirteen years.
He also dared Preneet to list out her achievements as a Union minster and MP.
Preneet Kaur, the wife of PCC chief Amarinder Singh, has been an MP since 1999 and minister for state for external affairs in UPA government since 2009.
Asked about the statement of Rahul Gandhi over youth in Punjab having drug problems, he said, "We do not need any certificate from him."
He, however, said it was Union Government to check inflow of drugs smuggling from across the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof