Appeasement of radicals responsible for violence: CPI
Ludhiana: The Punjab CPI on Sunday said that yesterday`s violence in Ludhiana was the direct result of the policy of appeasement pursued by Akali-BJP government towards radical Sikh organisations in the state.
A person was killed and 15 others, including three policemen, were injured when Sikhs objected to a religious congregation by a different sect.
"Akali Dal has learnt no lesson from several years of terrorism in the state. The same people were leading the radical organisations today were the kingpins of terrorism in its hey days," Joginder Dayal, member of the national executive of CPI said here while talking to media persons.
According to him, there was no change in their ideology or approach.
The CPI leader demanded that these so-called radicalists must be dealt with an iron hand and a clear mind so that the situation is saved from worsening further.
The psychology of these radicals, he charged, was also responsible for riotous situation created by the industrial workers here on Friday. He said the radicals did not like the idea of any group from outside Punjab becoming prosperous in the state.
While they gloated over the success of Punjabis in other countries or other parts of the country, they grudged the same for others whom they call migrants, he said.
He said the CPI takes strong exception to the use of word migrant for any category of Indians moving from one state to the other.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list