Armed robbers strike at retd govt official`s house
Chandigarh: Six armed robbers struck at
the house of a retired government official and looted cash and
jewellery after tying the family members with ropes in the wee
hours today, police said.
The three-storey building located in Panchkula`s
Sector 10, about 15 km from here, houses the families of the
retired deputy director of the Haryana tourism department and
his two brothers.
The robbers tied thirteen persons present in the house
with ropes and locked them on the first floor before decamping
with the valuables, Station House Officer of Sector 5 police
station, Om Prakash Bishnoi said.
A child managed to free himself and break a glass
window to come out, the SHO said, adding he then informed the
Forensic experts have reached the spot, Bishnoi said,
adding a case had been registered and further investigations
were under progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!