Arun Jaitley will win polls: Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh on Saturday said he is confident that senior leader Arun Jaitley will win the Lok Sabha election from Punjab`s Amritsar constituency.
"There should be no doubt that Arun Jaitley will win the election from his constituency", Singh told the media here.
The party president, however, did not respond to whether Jaitley will become the deputy prime minister if the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) comes to power.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in a rally on Friday said Jaitley could be given the post of deputy prime minister if the NDA forms the next government at the centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof