Arun Jaitley will win polls: Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh on Saturday said he is confident that senior leader Arun Jaitley will win the Lok Sabha election from Punjab`s Amritsar constituency.
"There should be no doubt that Arun Jaitley will win the election from his constituency", Singh told the media here.
The party president, however, did not respond to whether Jaitley will become the deputy prime minister if the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) comes to power.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in a rally on Friday said Jaitley could be given the post of deputy prime minister if the NDA forms the next government at the centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'