Arun Jaitley will win polls: Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh on Saturday said he is confident that senior leader Arun Jaitley will win the Lok Sabha election from Punjab`s Amritsar constituency.
"There should be no doubt that Arun Jaitley will win the election from his constituency", Singh told the media here.
The party president, however, did not respond to whether Jaitley will become the deputy prime minister if the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) comes to power.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in a rally on Friday said Jaitley could be given the post of deputy prime minister if the NDA forms the next government at the centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid