Arunachal, Kashmir inseparable parts of India: Pilot
Jalandhar: Terming Arunachal Pradesh and
Kashmir as inseparable parts of the country, Minister of State
for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot on Sunday said that
thinking of seceding these two states from a 1.21 billion
strong country is a farce.
Pilot was speaking in a function here organised by Hind
News group, for the distribution of funds for martyrs` family.
"No one can threaten us on the basis of terror or power
and we cannot be cowed down," said Pilot.
Politicians should provide a good leadership for
youngsters so that they can contribute in better way in
shaping the country, Pilot said.
Meanwhile, speaking in Chandigarh, Pilot said that union
ministry is planning to use broadband connections to connect
all panchayats within the next two years period.
He said that the department would use optical fibre for
connectivity purposes in rural parts of the country.
"The centre is working hard and in the coming days world
class infrastructure will be available for IT...we will create
e-governance and make it a reality," Pilot said after
inaugurating BSNL`s Value Added Services (VAS) in Punjab.
These services included `dial a video`, `live share
services` and `video SMS services`.
He said that BSNL explores those areas where private
players are not interested in putting up their infrastructure.
These included areas of Madhya Pardesh, Chhatisgarh, Jammu and
Kashmir, Bihar and others, he added.
He said that the BSNL would expand its towers from
existing 226 in 2010-11 to another 254 in 2011-12.
"The BSNL is also looking to put up solar equipments in
place of generators to operate mobile towers," he said.
Pilot also said that in the next two years 1.5 lakh post
offices in the country will be connected through computers.
On the issue of Lokpal bill, he said that the bill will
be soon introduced in the parliament. "The issues raised by
socialist Anna Hazare are pertinent...corruption is eating our
society...we should ensure that the issue of Lokpal bill
takes quickest possible time," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray