ASI murder case: NRI`s police remand extended
Phagwara: Police remand of UK-based NRI Tavinder Singh alias Tally, who was arrested in connection with murder of Punjab Police ASI Gurdev Singh, was on Friday extended for another three days.
He was produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate Mohit Bansal who remanded him to three more day police custody.
Tally, who was on a six-day police remand earlier, is one of the four main accused in the ASI murder case.
He was arrested by Phagwara Police on April 3 from Jahangir Mallian village on Kapurthala-Nakodar road and had sustained multiple fractures on his left leg after he jumped down from the roof of his hideout in a vain attempt to escape.
Another accused Pushpinder Singh alias Noni Lahoria was arrested by Jalandhar police.
Two more accused Palwinder Singh alias Pinda and Rajinder Singh alias Mintu are still at large.
Gurdev Singh (50) was shot dead on March 31 near a roadside restaurant on Jalandhar-Delhi highway after he confronted and chased one of the four miscreants who was taking drug inside a washroom of the eatery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice