ASI murder case: NRI`s police remand extended
Phagwara: Police remand of UK-based NRI Tavinder Singh alias Tally, who was arrested in connection with murder of Punjab Police ASI Gurdev Singh, was on Friday extended for another three days.
He was produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate Mohit Bansal who remanded him to three more day police custody.
Tally, who was on a six-day police remand earlier, is one of the four main accused in the ASI murder case.
He was arrested by Phagwara Police on April 3 from Jahangir Mallian village on Kapurthala-Nakodar road and had sustained multiple fractures on his left leg after he jumped down from the roof of his hideout in a vain attempt to escape.
Another accused Pushpinder Singh alias Noni Lahoria was arrested by Jalandhar police.
Two more accused Palwinder Singh alias Pinda and Rajinder Singh alias Mintu are still at large.
Gurdev Singh (50) was shot dead on March 31 near a roadside restaurant on Jalandhar-Delhi highway after he confronted and chased one of the four miscreants who was taking drug inside a washroom of the eatery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Masala bonds to ease capital constraints for banks: Fitch
- 23-year-old rejected by Indian Army `because he has a Modi tattoo on his chest`
- UEFA confirms four champions league places to Europe's top 4 domestic leagues
- Gold price falls by Rs 100 to Rs 31,150 per ten grams
- Jacqueline Fernandez to walk for Rajesh Pratap Singh