ASI murder case: NRI`s police remand extended
Phagwara (Pb): Police remand of UK-based NRI Tavinder Singh alias Tally, who was arrested in connection with the murder of ASI Gurdev Singh, has been extended by another two days.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Mohit Bansal yesterday remanded the NRI to two more days of police custody.
Tally, who was on a six-day police remand earlier, which was first extended by the court by three days and now by two more days, is one of the four main accused in the ASI murder case.
He was arrested by Phagwara Police on April 3 from Jahangir Mallian village on Kapurthala-Nakodar road and had sustained multiple fractures on his left leg after he jumped from the roof of his hideout in a vain attempt to escape.
Another main accused Pushpinder Singh alias Noni Lahoria of Rama Mandi has been arrested by the Jalandhar police.
Two more accused -- Palwinder Singh alias Pinda and Rajinder Singh alias Mintu -- are still at large.
Gurdev Singh (50) was shot dead on March 31 near a roadside eatery on Delhi-Jalandhar highway after he confronted and chased one of the four miscreants who was taking drugs inside the washroom of the eatery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her