Attempt to murder case against SAD leader, 23 others
Gurdaspur: As many as 24 persons, including a SAD leader and his two sons, were today booked in connection with an attack on a gathering, in which a BJP leader was seriously injured in Qadian town.
SAD leader Jarnail Singh Mahal and his two sons were among 24 booked for attacking Qadian Mandal BJP president Kamal Jyoti and vice-president of Punjab Youth Akali Dal Parmajeet Singh Sohal.
Both Jyoti and Sohal, supporters of former cabinet minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan, were allegedly attacked by Mahal and his supporters yesterday when they were going to Gurudwara Chhota Ghallu Ghara to join a religious function.
Jyoti was seriously injured in the attack, while Sohal managed to escape. Police said that it was case of an old enmity.
One of the accused, Montu, was arrested today from Qadian while five others surrendered, police said. Local court has sent them in two-day police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon