Attempt to murder case against SAD leader, 23 others
Gurdaspur: As many as 24 persons, including a SAD leader and his two sons, were today booked in connection with an attack on a gathering, in which a BJP leader was seriously injured in Qadian town.
SAD leader Jarnail Singh Mahal and his two sons were among 24 booked for attacking Qadian Mandal BJP president Kamal Jyoti and vice-president of Punjab Youth Akali Dal Parmajeet Singh Sohal.
Both Jyoti and Sohal, supporters of former cabinet minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan, were allegedly attacked by Mahal and his supporters yesterday when they were going to Gurudwara Chhota Ghallu Ghara to join a religious function.
Jyoti was seriously injured in the attack, while Sohal managed to escape. Police said that it was case of an old enmity.
One of the accused, Montu, was arrested today from Qadian while five others surrendered, police said. Local court has sent them in two-day police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement