Attempt to murder case against SAD leader, 23 others
Gurdaspur: As many as 24 persons, including a SAD leader and his two sons, were today booked in connection with an attack on a gathering, in which a BJP leader was seriously injured in Qadian town.
SAD leader Jarnail Singh Mahal and his two sons were among 24 booked for attacking Qadian Mandal BJP president Kamal Jyoti and vice-president of Punjab Youth Akali Dal Parmajeet Singh Sohal.
Both Jyoti and Sohal, supporters of former cabinet minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan, were allegedly attacked by Mahal and his supporters yesterday when they were going to Gurudwara Chhota Ghallu Ghara to join a religious function.
Jyoti was seriously injured in the attack, while Sohal managed to escape. Police said that it was case of an old enmity.
One of the accused, Montu, was arrested today from Qadian while five others surrendered, police said. Local court has sent them in two-day police custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India