Badal asks Afghan govt to stop smuggling of heroin
Phagwara: Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal today asked Afghanistan government to stop the smuggling of heroin into Punjab.
Badal, during his speech at the third convocation of Lovely Professional University in the presence of Afghan President Hamid Karzai, said all the heroin into Punjab were smuggled out of Afghanistan and help save precious lives of youths.
Badal asked Karzai not to mind his words that "all heroin that comes into Punjab comes from Afghanistan. Our youth will be saved if your government stops its inflow. Otherwise, our youth are in danger of being ruined...If you can do something, sometimes things are beyond the government`s control...All the heroin from Afghanistan goes all over the world".
Badal said "Punjab is known as the granary of the country and also the soul of the country even as it has given lot of sacrifices during the freedom struggle.
"Now, drugs are affecting us in a big way," he said. Stating that drugs grown in Afghanistan come into the border state through Pakistan, the Chief Minister urged the Afghan President to take steps to ensure that precious lives in Punjab can be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town