Badal asks Afghan govt to stop smuggling of heroin
Phagwara: Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal today asked Afghanistan government to stop the smuggling of heroin into Punjab.
Badal, during his speech at the third convocation of Lovely Professional University in the presence of Afghan President Hamid Karzai, said all the heroin into Punjab were smuggled out of Afghanistan and help save precious lives of youths.
Badal asked Karzai not to mind his words that "all heroin that comes into Punjab comes from Afghanistan. Our youth will be saved if your government stops its inflow. Otherwise, our youth are in danger of being ruined...If you can do something, sometimes things are beyond the government`s control...All the heroin from Afghanistan goes all over the world".
Badal said "Punjab is known as the granary of the country and also the soul of the country even as it has given lot of sacrifices during the freedom struggle.
"Now, drugs are affecting us in a big way," he said. Stating that drugs grown in Afghanistan come into the border state through Pakistan, the Chief Minister urged the Afghan President to take steps to ensure that precious lives in Punjab can be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir