Badal asks people to oust Congress in LS polls
Begowal (Kapurthala): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday asked people to teach Congress a lesson by routing it from the state in the next Lok Sabha polls.
Addressing a gathering here, he said Congress, which had ruled the country for over six decades, "is totally responsible for social maladies like poverty, inflation, corruption, illiteracy and other problems which were being faced by the country today."
He said people must use their ballots for changing the fate of the country by ousting Congress from power at the Centre, thereby paving way for formation of NDA government.
Later talking to reporters, Badal alleged that "faulty" policies of the Union government were responsible for growth of Naxalism in the country.
Terming Congress as a "spent force", the Chief Minister said the crushing defeat of the party in the recently held polls of Zila Parishad and Block Samitis in Punjab reflected that the people in the state have no faith in its policies and programmes.
He also blamed the Centre for its alleged failure to check the smuggling of drugs from across the borders.
On the possibility of Shiromani Akali Dal fielding its candidates for the LS polls outside the state with its alliance partner the BJP, he said SAD would discuss the issue with its ally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17