Badal asks US authorities to ensure sanctity of shrines
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday described as "deeply painful and shocking" the attack by gunmen on devotees at a Gurudwara in the US and urged the authorities there to ensure that the sanctity of religious shrines is maintained.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is monitoring the situation in New Delhi and will take up the issue with the Union Government, an official spokesman said here tonight.
The incident of firing in Gurdwara in Oak Creek is "deeply painful, shocking and highly condemnable". The Chief Minister has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to intervene in the matter immediately and ask the US authorities to ensure security of devotees and the sanctity of the religious shrines all across America, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16